EFFECTIVE AS OF SEPTEMBER 14, 2015
In order to maximize your experience, to provide you with enhanced products and services, and to process any paid-subscription payments from you, WxIntegrations may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) from you including your name, e-mail address, address, phone number, and credit card information. Some ways that we may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) include when you: subscribe to any paid-subscription Products of ours; complete a survey; send us an e-mail message or complete an inquiry form to receive additional information; submit a photo; respond to a blog post; connect to us in our social media platforms or accounts; or request customized products or services.
We also may collect certain information through automated means, such as: your current geographic location; information about your device and device capabilities; information about your device operating system; information about the applications on your device; information about how you use the Products; your activities with respect to the Products; and your IP address, device identifier, internet carrier, browser type, browser identifier, and referring URL.
Blogs and Other Submissions. Any information including PII that you provide in blog comments, contact requests, or any other user comment field, or in connection with your content submissions, including photo submissions, can be read, collected, or used by us or by others who access them, and could be used by other users to send you unsolicited messages or for other uses. We are not responsible for the information, including PII that you choose to submit in these forums.
Location Information. In certain instances, in order to provide relevant Products with respect to your location, we may ask you for location specific information which may include address, city and state, latitude and longitude, country or zip code. Alternately, on some devices, we may provide you the option to opt-in to allow us to use your physical geographic location using GPS, cellular network location based services on your device, or browser services. You may at any time opt-out from these geo-location services by going to the settings on your mobile device.
How We Use Your Information. WxIntegrations will use the information you provide in a limited number of ways. We may use the information to service or bill your account, process payment for paid subscriptions, conduct a transaction that you have requested, display information that matches your interests and profile, or compile demographic statistics about our users. We may on occasion combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from other parties to enhance our ability to market to you those products or services that may be of interest to you.
In addition from time to time, we may share data regarding the users of the WxIntegrations and GrowCaster Sites and the use of our services and other Products (for example, that a certain percentage of our users are within a geographic area, or that users who choose one type of our Products request a related or other Product some percentage of the time, etc.), and we may also combine a user’s use through the WxIntegrations and/or GrowCaster Sites with other information that we obtain from third parties to create a personalized user profile so we can tailor the Sites and Products to our users’ preferences and to enhance the Sites’ offerings (hereinafter, “User Data’). There may also be other instances where WxIntegrations has determined that sharing User Data with third parties would maximize WxIntegrations’s ability to better serve users.
Should such sharing occur, however, except as provided below, no PII will be included in these types of statistics.
WxIntegrations’ core service is to provide and host weather and hydrology related information products, services, and other related products to our users. As such, User Data is also considered a ‘customer list’ of ours, and as such, is a valuable asset to a company such as WxIntegrations and subject to legal protection and regulation under federal and state laws as a property interest. Accordingly, User Data will be subject to all customary rights and protections afforded to WxIntegrations as a property owner under these laws. Such rights customarily include the right to transfer the information during the sale of assets to or merger with third parties, and to routinely share such information with affiliates of WxIntegrations.
If for some reason you believe that WxIntegrations has not adhered to these stated principles, please notify us at email@example.com, and we will work to evaluate and determine the issue and, where appropriate, correct the problem. Your concerns should be detailed in a communication including enough identifying information to permit someone to contact you, in case further information is required to troubleshoot your concerns. Be certain the words ‘WxIntegrations Privacy Statement’ are included in the Subject line. Further resolution of your concerns will be governed by the Terms and Conditions applicable to the WxIntegrations’ and/or GrowCaster Sites.
Third-Party Social Media Tools. WxIntegrations maintains official pages or accounts on several third-party websites including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter. Your activity on these third-party sites is governed by the security and privacy policies of the third-party sites. Users of third-party sites are often sharing information with the general public, user communities, and/or the third-party operating the third-party site. You should review the privacy policies of third-party sites before using them to ensure that you understand how your information may be used. You should also adjust privacy settings on your account on any third-party site to match your preferences.
Disclosure of PII to third parties. WxIntegrations will not disclose any PII that you provide to us to any third party unaffiliated with WxIntegrations, unless:
- we need to do so to provide you with the products or services you select, for example where we use service providers to provide certain services in support of the Sites;
- we need to do so to WxIntegrations’ legal counsel or accountants;
- we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it (for example, if required by law or a court order);
- we sell or buy or reorganize any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the reorganized entity or the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- WxIntegrations is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it may be one of the transferred assets or assets to which the buyer of WxIntegrations is provided access;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of WxIntegrations, its members, customers, officers, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- The information is only in the form of aggregated statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes and which contain no PII.
Third party Cookies, Web Beacons, and other Technologies used by Analytics Companies.
- Cookies, Web Beacons, use of HTML5 Local Storage, the use of unique or non-unique non-personal identifiers, or the use of other technologies on our Services and other technologies may be used to track user behavior, to track how our Products are being used, or to link various devices. These technologies may be set by third parties (including, without limitation, Google Analytics, Google Maps and Google Ads) on the Site. We use the anonymized statistical information provided to us by Google Analytics arising from these third party cookies. Data from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting may be utilized by WxIntegrations to help recognize and understand user preferences, to make improvements to the WxIntegrations and/or GrowCaster Sites, to choose content to display and for other business purposes that will allow WxIntegrations to better serve you and other customers.
- The third parties that generate these cookies and action tags have their own privacy policies describing how they use the information that they collect. More information about cookies placed by specific third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website and to generate an “opt-out” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your device. You can also visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at networkadvertising.org for information on how to obtain an “opt-out cookie” from other third parties.
- You may also prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of theGoogle Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons may also be found on the WxIntegrations adn GrowCaster Sites. Web beacons are used to monitor user navigation to tailor the WxIntegrations Site to our subscribers’ or users’ preferences and enhance the Sites’ offerings. For a thorough description of web beacons and their uses, please refer to http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/Web_beacon.html
- Your browser may allow you to manage your cookies and HTLM5 Local Storage. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies and HTML5 Local Storage. If you turn Cookies or HTML5 Local Storage off, however, you may not have access to many of the features which make your experience more efficient and some of our Products may not function properly.
Data Security. Keeping your information secure is important to WxIntegrations. We use standard industry practices to protect your personal information. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee that your communications with our sites will never be unlawfully intercepted, or that your personal information will never be unlawfully accessed by third parties.
How to contact us. If you have any queries with regard to our data processing practices or you wish to correct or update or request a copy of any of the personal details we hold about you, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: October 15, 2016